iShield® Plus is a monitoring solution that provides protection against illegal and inappropriate material regardless of whether it is accessed online or computer based. With iShield® Plus, you can prevent your children and other family members from accidentally or deliberately seeing materials such as pornography, gambling, drugs and other explicit content.
iShield® Plus gives you the ability to:
- Monitor and restrict access to websites by material type.
- Detect and block the display of pornographic content within images, videos, video streams and DVDs.
- Restrict who users can chat to, and monitor chat conversations for grooming and other undesirable behavior.
- Restrict user Internet surfing and game playing to certain times of the week.
- Safeguard personal information against unknown online entities.
- Scan your computer for inappropriate material that is already residing there.
iShield® Plus is designed for ease-of-use and can be set up for every individual member of the family with minimal fuss. Incident summary reports are emailed for ease of monitoring, with detailed incident reports including screenshots are available on the computer being protected.
- Cyber bullying
- Sucidal references
- Negative influences
The internet is a fantastic resource for both children and adults alike. The wealth of educational materials, games and information sites can really help a child in their development. Unfortunately it can also be a place in where children and adults come across inappropriate and undesirable images and chat, just as they do in everyday life.
Ask yourself, "Do you really know what your family is seeing on the internet?"
Comprehensive Pornography Detection
iShield® Plus monitors your PC for pornography, from all sources such as Internet, USB drives, CDs, DVDs and downloaded files. Its innovative image processing neural network based engine extracts information relating to skin tone, texture, edges, limbs, and faces from the image to decide if the image, video or video stream is potentially pornographic.
iShield® Plus provides notification of potential grooming or bullying by monitoring user input as well as chat contents, Instant Messaging communications and MS Office files. iShield® Plus comes with a sizable database of phrases that are indicative of potentially harmful activities. You can add your own phrases to this database and so customize the protection.
Safe and Productive Internet and Application Usage
iShield® Plus allows you to restrict user access to different webpages, games and applications to certain times of the week using an easy to configure schedule. This allows you to ensure that the PC is being used productively.
Disk Drive Scanning
iShield® Plus's scan drive feature analyzes all files in your PC and provides you with a report of any potentially pornographic images or videos that are present. All suspect files can be deleted with a single mouse click, thereby ensuring that your PC is free of inappropriate material.
iShield® Plus keeps detailed records of each incident detected on your computer. iShield® Plus presents these records in an easy to use Incident Viewer. iShield® Plus can be configured to send emails as soon as critical incidents occur, as well as summary emails, allowing you to monitor your PC even when you are away from home.
Personal Information Protection
iShield® Plus protects personal information from being stolen by malicious software or being inappropriately distributed by users by monitoring both Internet data transfer and user input.
iShield® Plus takes a unique approach to identifying potentially offensive Internet images and preventing them from being displayed while you surf the Internet. iShield® Plus uses a few processes to protect you before any image is displayed on your PC.
Advanced Image Analysis|
iShield® Plus captures the active window at regular intervals and extracts the images and text to analyze. Digital image processing determines if an image is potentially pornographic. Our innovative technology analyzes images with Skin Tone Detection, Texture Detection, Edge Detection, Mass Detection, Limb Detection, Face Detection.
Neural network technology uses the results of the image analysis and the text on the screen to decide if an image is offensive.
iShield® Plus records suspected images and triggers your selected action, to warn or stop user from viewing pornography.
iShield® Plus’s text analysis process uses a classifier that was developed using the Bayesian Network algorithm and implemented in iShield® Plus as a method of recognising words/phrases considered in the context of other words/phrases. This analysing technique is more accurate compared to the common simplistic keyword approach implemented in most filters and it supports Arabic, Thai, Russian, French and German.
iShield® Plus scans the metadata and examines text in the Title, Keywords and Description field of a webpage header. It checks the website’s internet rating labels from reputable content rating body such as RSACi, SafeSurf and PICS amongst others and does an analysis of text, images, links and structure of any visited websites.
Select your broadband package.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What operating are supported by iShield Plus?
iShield Plus supports the following operating systems without any limit whether is 32 or 64 bit :
- Windows XP,
- Windows Vista,
- Windows 7
- What browsers are supported by iShield Plus?
Most of the popular browsers are supported
- Which Instant Messengers are monitored in iShield Plus?
iShield Plus supports the following messengers:
- Live Msn Messenger
- Yahoo Messenger
- AOL Messenger
- Windows Messenger
- I've tried to log in to iShield plus using my Unifi password but it doesn't work.
iShield plus does not use Unifi password. Password in iShield Plus is created separately when you install the product.
- I've successfully downloaded iShield Plus installer and saved in my PC, but when I run the installer it says "You have already used the serial key to subscribe iShield Plus on different PC. Please uninstall the previous instance of iShield Plus or contact your vendor for additional license".
If you have used up FREE iShield Plus license in some other computer. In case you want to buy additional iShield Plus license, please contact TM Unifi Customer service.
- When I try to download iShield plus installer from www.ishieldplus.com directly, it says "ERROR: Serial key or email address is not valid".
In case you receive this error message while downloading iShield Plus, please verify that you have entered the correct iShield Plus serial key or the correct Unifi email address or your personal email address which you used to subscribe to Unifi service in the appropriate field and try again.
- When I try to log in to iShield Plus, error message appears saying "Your iShield Plus Subscription has been Suspended/Terminated".
In case your iShield Plus is Suspended or Terminated, please contact TM Unifi Customer service to activate your version of iShield Plus.
- Does iShield Plus handle different browsers?
Yes, iShield Plus provides support for popular browsers. However, if this concerns you, we recommend using Blocking Application in Family settings to block access to certain browsers.
- Can I turn off iShield Plus?
You can turn off iShield Plus by switching OFF Protection under user setting to disable monitoring for specified user/users in the PC. Alternatively, if you only want to turn off the screen monitoring or the web-browsing, log in to iShield Plus Control Panel and click the appropriate option in the particular user's settings under Screen and Video Monitoring or Web Protection to switch it 'off'.
- Can I install iShield Plus on more than one computer?
Unifi subscribers will receive FREE copies of iShield plus licenses.
Please, refer to the table below to see the number of FREE license available under your Unifi package:
No. of iShield Plus license
VIP 5, VIP 10, VIP 20, BIZ 5
Further to above, to install iShield Plus in additional PCs you need to subscribe for additional license by either calling TM UniFi Centre @ 1 300 88 1222 or by visiting selected TMPoint.
- Will you provide periodic updates?
The iShield Plus Product Update Manager offers you options for getting periodic software updates. The iShield Plus Product Update Manager is free and comes installed with iShield Plus.
- Can iShield Plus save different settings for different users, such as small children, older children, or parents?
iShield Plus allows you to configure and save profile settings with different type users in mind. To setup profiles for different users log in to iShield Plus control panel and click on Profile Management button.
- Will iShield Plus filter search-engine searches; e.g., sex on Google?
Yes, iShield Plus filters all the content rendered by a web browser and can limit user searches by activating Safe Search in most popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Youtube.
- How about hotmail.com or other email providers? How can I stop email?
iShield Plus blocks any pornographic content displayed within Web based emails.
- What if I forget my password?
If iShield Plus detects that you have forgotten your password it will display a link for you to retrieve your password via email. You can do the following in order to request for the forgotten password:
Using iShield Plus website
- Go to www.ishieldplus.com
- Go to Manage My License section
- Enter your email and serial key you have received from Unifi
- After logged on, list of PCs installed with iShield Plus will be displayed with a link "Send my password". Select the right link in order to request for password.
- Password will be sent to you on your Unifi email.
Using iShield Plus control panel
- In iShield Plus login screen, the link will be displayed after 3 wrong attempt.
- You can then click on the link and follow the instruction
- What if some pictures, deemed to be acceptable, are blocked by iShield Plus?
If this occurs regularly with a particular website that you know to be acceptable, you can add that Web site address to the White List. If this occurs periodically across a number of websites or images, you can try decreasing the image safety criteria by moving the slider to a lower setting; e.g., from High to Medium.
- What if some pictures, deemed to be unacceptable, are not blocked by iShield Plus?
. If this occurs regularly with a particular site, add that Web site address to the Block List.
. If this occurs periodically across a number of sites, you can try increasing the Web Protection Level of Porn category by moving the slider to a higher setting; e.g., from Medium to High.
- Why do inappropriate images and videos only seem to trigger once?
Same Video is only detected once per Windows login, this is done to avoid multiple reports from reporting in iShield Plus control Panel.
- How often should I check the iShield Plus Reports?
It is recommended that you check the Reports once a week to monitor iShield Plus activity. As supported alert mode for screen and videos are Silent and Warn, your only method for finding out whether users have been viewing pornographic images is to regularly check the Report Log for triggers.
Further, you will receive email notification periodically whenever iShield Plus detects any wrong doings.
- Why notification email is not sent every time when iShield Plus detects any inappropriate content?
iShield Plus sends email notification based on Email interval settled in Email notification under family settings, when inappropriate contents are reported in control panel. This is done to minimise the possibility of receiving too many emails in your inbox.
- Why am I not receiving notification email in my inbox?
Email clients often detect and categorises any email coming from unknown email address as a junk or spam email and therefore the email is sent to your junk or spam folder instead of your inbox. To allow emails to be sent to the inbox instead of the junk or spam folder, you can add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to the safe list to receive email without any problem.
- In the Web incident report there are Web sites which their Violation description is empty
Some websites are predefined as are inappropriate and so are being detected. If you do not wish those Web sites to get detected, then uncheck the relevant category in the "Advance Web Page Protection Setting".
- Can I view / edit the entries on the predefined URL category lists?
The predefined URL lists are not publically available. If you believe a URL is wrongly categorised then please add the website as allowed list in iShield plus control panel or use can use
- What if some of iShield components are picked up by firewall or antivirus software?
When some of the components are picked up by firewall or any other antivirus software, you need to add the component in firewall or antivirus software's exception/allowed list.
- I have previous version of iShield plus installed on my computer, will I get new updates with the existing version of iShield Plus Update Manager?
In order to install new version of iShield Plus, you will have to uninstall the previous version and install the new version. Please refer to the installation guide for iShield Plus version 4
- I have previous version of iShield Plus installed on my computer, will I be able to use the same serial key to install new version of iShield Plus?
Yes, you can use the same serial key to register iShield Plus version 4. if you have forgotten your key then please refer to FAQ #15
- Can I import existing iShield Plus settings to new version of iShield Plus?
No, the functionality in version 4 is radically different from that of previous version. For example version 4 allows specification of profiles for individual users. As such the settings for previous versions of iShield Plus cannot be imported into iShield Plus version 4.